Vision and Mission
Our vision encompasses the development of ultra-sensitive biological and chemical sensors to accelerate the discovery and screening of animal and human disease markers, promising therapeutic compounds, nanomaterials, biomaterials, and biocatalysts.
The mission of the Utah Center for NanoBioSensors is to
- Design, develop and evaluate ultra-sensitive biological and chemical sensors
- Foster new and ongoing collaborative projects within the University of Utah, and with other academic, private sector and government agencies in the state and elsewhere.
- Provide training in the emerging multidisciplinary field of nanobiosensor research
- Seek funding for interdisciplinary research, education and work force development in nanobiosensors
- Commercialize new nanobiosensor discoveries through technology transfer, identification and promotion of entrepreneurial opportunities