Micro Neurotransmitter - USTAR Research Initiative Funding
Micro Bio Sensor is being developed to identify and detect catecholamine neurotransmitters in their derivatives.
1. J. Yang, J.W. Park, and H. Kim, "Simultaneous detection of catecholamine neurotransmitters utilizing a cyclodextrin-based micro electrode array," µTAS '10, Oct. 3-7, 2010.
Micro Hydraulic Actuator Array for Lab-on-Chips Control - USTAR Rsearch Initiative Funding
A Micro Hydraulic Actuator Array is being developed to eliminate pneumatic components from lab-on-chips and make the system portable.
- One of the first practical pneumatic-less microfluidic system
- Amplification in deflection and pressure thanks to hydraulic amplification
- Demonstration of tight valving
1. J.W. Park, J. Yang, and H. Kim, "Electromagnetically-driven high-pressure hydraulic actuators for pneumatic-free large-scale microfluidic manipulation," MEMS '11, Jan. 23-27, 2011.
Meso-Scale Vacuum Pump - DARPA CVMP Funding
A Micro Vacuum Pump is being developed to evacuate micro space for the applications of analytical chemistry as well as precision time control.