Our vision is to improve health by enhancing the safety and effectiveness of new and existing therapeutic and diagnostic agents through the discovery and application of innovative nanosystems and devices. The mission of the Utah Center for Nanomedicine is to:
- Design, develop and evaluate nanoconstructs for early detection, delivery of therapeutic and diagnostic agents and as research enablers
- Facilitate the translation of promising systems into the clinic and general commercialization
- Foster new and ongoing collaborative projects within the University of Utah, and with other academic, private sector and government agencies in the state and elsewhere.
- Recruit experts in nanomedicine research and enhance the overall research infrastructure
- Provide training in the emerging multidisciplinary field of nanomedicine
- Seek funding for interdisciplinary research, education and work force development in nanomedicine
Hamid ghandehari, Ph.D., Director, Utah Center for Nanomedicine