The directors and staff of the Nano Institute would like to thank the speakers and participants of the several seminars conducted during the 2011 - 2012 academic year.
The Nano Institute was proud to partner with the Departments of Bioengineering and Pharmaceutical Chemistry to host seminar speakers for the fall 2011 semester.
- Ick Chan Kwon, Ph.D.,Center for Theragnosis, Biomedical Research Institute, at KIST (Korean Institute of Science and Technology), Monday, October 17, 2011, “Theragnosis, a new paradigm of personalized medicine.”
- Ling Zang, Ph.D., USTAR Associate Professor of Nanotechnology, from the University of Utah, Department of Materials Science and Engineering, Thursday, November 10, 2011, University of Toronto, Department of Chemistry, Thursday, September 20, 2012, "Assembly of Metal Nanoparticles: Lessons from Polymer Physics and Chemistry"
- Rajesh Menon, Ph.D., USTAR Assistant Professor from the University of Utah Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Thursday, December 8, 2011, “Nanopatterning and imaging beyond the far-field diffraction limit.” The Nano Institute was pleased to partner with the Department of Chemistry and Department of Bioengineering to hose six seminars for the spring 2013 semester.
The Nano Institute was proud to partner with the Departments of Chemistry and Bioengineering to host seminar speakers for the spring 2012 semester
- Nicholas A. Kotov, Ph.D., University of Michigan, Monday, February 13, 2012, “Self-Assembly of Nanoscale Colloids.”
- Justin Hanes, Ph.D., Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Friday, March 2, 2012, “Mucus Penetrating Nanoparticles.”
- Sarah Heilshorn, Ph.D., Stanford University, Friday, March 30, 2012, “Engineering Protein-based Hydrogels to Improve Stem Cell Transplantation.”
The Nano Institute plans to continue partnering with other departments on campus for academic year 2012 - 2013 to either jointly host or promote our colleagues' events. If you have a speaker nominee, or would like to approach the Nano Institute to either jointly host or simply promote your seminar event, please contact Clark Newell at 801-587-1533 or email email@example.com.