The directors and staff of the Nano Institute would like to thank the speakers and participants of the several seminars conducted during the 2012 - 2013 academic year.
The Nano Institute was proud to partner with the Departments of Chemistry and Bioengineering to host seminar speakers for the fall 2012 semester.
- Amitava Mitra, Ph.D.,Merck and Company, Inc., Monday, November, 19, 2012, "Overview of Merck Research Labs & Role of Pharmaceutica Sciences in Drug Product Development"
- Eugenia Kumacheva, Ph.D., University of Toronto, Department of Chemistry, Thursday, September 20, 2012, "Assembly of Metal Nanoparticles: Lessons from Polymer Physics and Chemistry"
The Nano Institute was pleased to partner with the Department of Chemistry and Department of Bioengineering to hose six seminars for the spring 2013 semester.
- Christy Haynes, Ph.D., University of Minnesota, Monday, March 25, 2013, “Nanoparticle Toxicity and Therapeutics"
- Khaled Greish, Ph.D., University of Otago, New Zealand,Department of Pharmacology & Toxicology, Otago School
of Medical Sciences, Friday, March 29, 2013, "Can Physiochemical Properties of Nanoconstructs
Improve Anticancer Activity?"
- Katja Schenke-Laylan, Ph.D., Eberhard Karls Universitat Tubingen & Fraunhofer Stuttgart, Friday, April 12, 2013, "Strategies in Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine"
- Thomas H. LaBean, Ph.D.,North Carolina State University, Department of Materials Science and Engineering, Monday, April 15, 2013, "DNA Self-Assembly and DNA-Based Nanofabrication"
- Arto Urtti, Ph.D., University of Helsinki, Department of Pharmacy,Tuesday, May 14, 2013, “Mechanistic Studies on Nanoparticle Mediated Cellular Targeting”
- Aliasger K. Salem, Ph.D., University of Iowa,Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Experimental Therapeutics, with additional appointments in the Department of Chemical and Biochemical Engineering, Department of Biomedical Engineering, and the Holden Comprehensive Cancer Center, Friday, May 17, 2013, "The Versatile Utility of Biodegradable Particles in Vaccinations"
The Nano Institute plans to continue partnering with other departments on campus for academic year 2013 - 2014 to either jointly host or promote our colleagues' events. If you have a speaker nominee, or would like to approach the Nano Institute to either jointly host or simply promote your seminar event, please contact Clark Newell at 801-587-1533 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.